Need to create a quick diagram, process chart, page layout, website wireframe, or graphic design? With OmniGraffle, your iPad touch screen is your canvas (or graph paper, or whiteboard, or cocktail napkin . . .).OmniGraffle knows what makes a diagram…..
What's New in Version 1.5
OmniGraffle 1.5 for iPad is a major update which adds Tier 1 language localizations, new gesture support, interface improvements, and other improvements and bug fixes.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Contact Omni in the Omni Menu (found in the document browser), sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting to @omnigraffle, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
• Localizations - OmniGraffle for iPad is now localized in the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, and Simplified Chinese.
• Gestures - Our gesture code has been rewritten from the ground up to exhibit hysteresis and allow the addition of new gestures to facilitate common operations, such as:
- A long press on an object and a three-finger tap elsewhere on the canvas will duplicate the shape.
- A long press on an object and swiping quickly elsewhere will nudge the object in that direction.
- A long press on an object and a two-finger drag up or down elsewhere on the canvas will move the object forwards or backwards in the z-dimension.
- A new smart guide has been added to maintain aspect ratio when resizing a shape.
• Various user interface improvements have been made to toolbar elements, HUD interfaces, and inspector popovers.
• OmniGraffle for iPad now handles self-signed WebDAV certs properly.
• You can now paste in your password when signing in to a WebDAV server or MobileMe iDisk.
• It's no longer necessary to add a trailing slash character to the URL of a WebDAV server if it's not needed.
• The bevelled rectangle shape is now recognized by OmniGraffle for iPad and displays properly.
• Addressed an issue recognizing pasteboard data when copying a document as an image from OmniGraphSketcher for iPad.
• Fixed a quivering issue when dragging an object along a smart alignment guide.
• The "locked" resize knobs are now an appropriate size.
• Fixed a bug where it was difficult to edit components of some tables (particularly in the UML stencil).
• Swiping to delete a layer in the Contents Popover should no longer cause another layer to enter a partial edit state.
• Date variables should export properly now to the Photo Library or when emailing as a PNG.
• Fixed a text justification and alignment bug for auto-resizing text objects.
• Newly created documents with no changes no longer display a creation or modification date of November 5, 2010.
• Fixed a bug where the Font Inspector popover could inaccurately show bold-italic-underline styles after deleting text.
• When copying a table with cells that contain text, we now place tab-separated text on the pasteboard for use in other applications.
• Duplicating a layer will inherit the name of the originating layer.
• Fixed a crash upon using Command-Shift-arrows whilst editing a text field with external keyboard.
• Fixed a crash when attempting to delete selected text in file name while in the document picker.
• Fixed a crash using option-up/down arrows while editing text with external keyboard.
• Fixed a crash when importing filenames with sp√©c√Æ√•l characters via WebDAV.
• Fixed a crash when selecting an object after deleting the last object in list while selected while running in iOS 3.
Rated 0/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Unusable for flow charting
Jay Mehta write:
Unlike desktop Omnigraffle, there appears to be no way to build shapes and define connection points for lines that will join them (i.e., defining the connecting points on a decision diamond as being on the points of the diamond), and no way to control where on the shapes that you do build orthogonal connectors will join. This makes the app utterly useless for creating anything other than the very simplest of flow charts. A total waste of money for me.
Great app one big problem
Vertical Advance write:
Update on Release 1.5.
Still very slow app, I am disappointed in this company who is not bothering addressing this major issue despite the fact that they are aware of it, also this is a $50 app and people that own it deserve more than that.
I will make this short, this is a very good app with one problem but a big problem, if you zoom in then the sheet becomes almost snail sluggish. I already told them about but they need to work faster on this. I stopped using the software because of this problem.
This update didn't fix the images problem - To slow
Great ideas, but to slow. Just can't handle images.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes